Monday, February 27, 2012

Is Heaven The Reward Of The Saved?


Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Matt. 5:5  

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. Psalms 37:11

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Rev. 5:10

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Rev. 2:26

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Rev. 3:21 (The Father’s throne is in Heaven. But where is Christ’s throne? Earth?)

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: Luke 1:32 (David’s throne was on earth)


Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Acts 2:29 (David is not in Heaven, he is dead to this day, awaiting the resurrection.)

For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Acts 2:34 (This is consistent with the above verse.)

Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. [53] Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? John 8:52-53 (Abraham and the prophets are not in Heaven. They too are dead in their graves awaiting the resurrection.)

And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: [15] For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. Gen. 13:14-15 (Abram and his seed was promised “all the land” not Heaven)

For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Rom. 4:13 (An “heir” is someone that has not yet inherited. His inheritance is the world.)

Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you. John 13:33 (Christ went to Heaven, and he tells us that we can not go there)

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. John 3:13 (Jesus appears to plainly say that no man has ascended to Heaven expect himself, which came from there. This is also consistent with the fact that we can not go there)

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Dan. 12:2 (Daniel understood that the dead are asleep in the dust of the earth, not in Heaven.)

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. [3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. Rev. 21:2-3 (Christ comes to earth and dwells with us, not the other way around.)

The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. Prov. 10:30 (This verse dispels many theories as false.)

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. I Corinthians 15:12-14 (This is Paul’s response to those that didn’t believe in the resurrection. Perhaps they merely thought the dead went to Heaven.)

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. Luke 23:42-43 (The original Greek doesn’t use commas. They were inserted later by translators. This comma is misplaced and changes the entire meaning. Jesus was merely saying, I say to you today, or right now, you will be with me in paradise when I come into my kingdom. Jesus doesn’t come into his kingdom until his return at the resurrection) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, John 20:17 (Also, Jesus tells Mary after his resurrection that he had not yet ascended to Heaven. So the thief couldn’t have gone to Heaven that same day.)

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matt. 5:11-12 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, I Peter 1:3-4 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Rev. 22:12(Our reward is “reserved” in Heaven, which later comes with the Lord at his return)

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:2-3 (Our reward is in Heaven being prepared by Christ, which he brings with him at his return to earth at the resurrection.)

Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. Isaiah 40:10

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36 (Christ’s kingdom is in Heaven, which comes with him at his return to earth)

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Dan. 7:14

Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Dan. 7:22

No comments:

Post a Comment